Tuesday 7 August 2007

Lap Style Dobro Guitar!


I have been toying with the idea of learning to play this style of guitar.
The sounds that some of these guys produce are exquisite but much of the music played really rocks out so to speak.

I am thinking about this for a couple of reasons:
  • I have been searching for an instrument that I can play acoustically and still get heard if there are a few other instruments around.
  • I love to play electric blues and I can achieve many of the qualities I love on lap steel.
  • As I am a classical guitarist, and keen to look after my nails, this style of playing is a good option as picks are used providing a good degree of protection.
The video features one of the world's pre-eminent palyers Stacy Phillips playing a jazzy/blues piece.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment