Tuesday 8 April 2008

My Mum passed away!

My Mum, Amy, left us on the 4th of March 2008 after just over a year of battling the recurrence of breast cancer as a tumour in her left lung. She made it to 85 outliving both her sister Alice and my father Jimmy by many years. She spent the last two or three weeks of her life in the comfortable surrounds of the local hospice cared for by the wonderful staff and volunteers that work there.
I think one of the hardest things I have ever done was the reading of the Eulogy at her funeral service.
I am getting used to her not being here anymore but it is still a little strange as I busy myself with admistering her estate.
I have recently sent off 30 letters to various friends of hers around the world and I am just starting to get some replies back from them which has been very interesting as they relate something of the part she played in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment