Monday 30 April 2007

Turning my Kubuntu laptop into a Mac!



Yep! Using Baghira, a MAC OSX style package, you too can make your KDE desktop look like a Mac.
Here is a great tutorial for getting it all happening if you are so inclined. There are others - check out the Ubuntu forums for instance.



This is what I was aiming for and I am not there yet and I am unlikely to get all the way there as I don't have Beryl/Compiz running on my laptop so the ritzy kxdocker dock that works just like the Mac version is unlikely to be implemented.

So far I have the menu bar at the top installed without an apple icon for the moment and all the system icons and window treatments running as if this OS was Tiger. Very clean and smart looking and I have to say a lot faster than the style I had before today.

So why would I want to do this you ask? Just because I can and it is the sort of thing that people who use Linux seem to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment