Tuesday 13 February 2007

Cutting edge information - I love it!

I have been having an interesting time lately since I discovered a few key people and sites that are keeping abreast of the latest developments in our computing/internet world.

Like many of you out there, I am fascinated by the rapid changes that are occurring in the way in which we use our computers and access information.
I even learnt a new word - metadata! Well , I thought I had until I looked up the meaning and reacquainted myself with the fact that it meant data about data.
Now this is a serious subject currently as expressed by Jon Udell in this post.


Jon speaks about the issues relating to tagging uniformity in order to assist the structured searching required by the next generation of search tools, see this post written by Emre Sokullu and edited by Richard MacManus and great new tools such as Yahoo Pipes!

An absolutely fascinating look at the next crop of start ups and established players working on projects with names as follows:

Hakia
Mindset (Yahoo)
Collarity
Riya
Swicki
Rollyo

Check them out and maybe you will be using Google and Yahoo less so in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment